Friday, December 28, 2007

Family Time

Well, this busy and crazy week is just about over, and I'm kind of glad! I can only take so much caos! Our week has been a great one, with lots of time spent together and lots of memories made. Our Christmas was marvelous. The boys got scooters from Santa and Brooklyn got a baby doll that glows in the dark. How did Santa know that she needed her first doll? Amazing!!! They also got lots of other great things for Christmas including movies, books galore, toy guns from Grandpa, jammies from Grammy Y., and boxes of treasures from Grandma S. It was a great holiday spent with family. I cooked ham and cheesy potatoes and Kassandra made pies. Mom made brownies and carmel covered marshmellows. Delicious! I'm sure we all gained pleanty of weight from that meal! I got Jeff an MP3 player and he got me a CD and some scrubs. It was a absolutely wonderful Christmas. I have been off from work from Tuesday until today. I return to the hospital tomorrow. I have enjoyed the time off with my kids, but am ready to get back into a routine! It seems like just when I get one mess cleaned up, another is made. My youngest son is NOT a fan of cleaning up! Tomorrow my little Kaden James turns 3! I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital! He was my special blessing in December 3 years ago! I have very special memories of having him because it was the last of my babies that my dear Grandma Stockwell got to hold and see while I was recooperating in the hopital. She passed away about 1 1/2 years ago. I have a very special picture of her holding Kaden that I cherish very much. Kaden has brought so much joy to our family. He is more mellow then his brother, but can definetly put up a fight if he deems it necessary! He likes to sing and read stories and absolutely loves Lightening McQueen. God sent him to us to give Jackson a much needed little brother and Kaden idolizes Jackson for sure! We would be lost without our "little guy"! Tomorrow we are having a small party with family, so I'll be sure to post some pictures.

2 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

I am ready for the girls to go back to school and get back to a schedule as well. We are all sleeping in and doing whatever we want during the day. We are ready to get back to early bed times, etc. Have a great rest of the week and wish Kaden a Happy Birthday. Loves!

Trish said...

Kris - you are so cute! I peek in on you all the time :) Thanks for sharing your cute life and kids! I remember when I babysat you...that makes me feel SO old!! Sounds like Santa was good to your family this year! Take care!! Trish