Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby it's cold outside!!!!!

Ok, so I swear that if this weather doesn't get warm soon, I'm moving to the east coast! I'm so jealous of their heat wave right now!

Today Jackson had a TBall game at 9 am. One of the very few I ge to even go to. So I bundled the kids up in what I thought was warm enough clothes ad off we went!! Reading the thermometer in the truck on the way....it say 40 degrees... Wow, it's gonng be chilly I think to myself. Chilly does not even begin to describe the cold wind blowing when we got out at the ball diamond. The kids were saying they were cold and wanted to go home before our feet even hit the sidewalk! But, we went. The coaches (bless them) deicided that we would only play one inning. Which was great, because for that whole inning Kaden did nothing but cry and say he wanted to go home. I think Miss B was in shock and didn't make a peep. Jackson on the other hand was still having fun playing. He made an awesome first catch of the game when his team was in the field, and then made a great hit when he was up to bat!!!

After the game we went home and the boys sipped hot chocolate while I cranked up the heater! Completely ridiculous since it is June 11!!!!!

Take care and STAY WARM!!!









5 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

I'm soo sorry! They are definately cold when all of their hands are hidden inside their shirt sleeves! I am hoping for much warmer weather as well!!!

Angie said...

tell me about it!!! We played for the whole hour too. I'm out there everyday, so we keep dressing warmer and warmer. I had to pull out my winter coat. Maybe it will warm up one of these days! (hopefully by tomorrow, because Tyler has a game)You were brave and even got pictures!!

Moon Light said...

oh yea! I remember these days! You either freeze or have heat stroke! We always did swimming lessons at a place that had natural hot water because of this! Just keep making those memories =D You will love them

hugs,

a. susie

Melissa said...

Kris I promise you if you lived out here in NC right now you would be hoping for cooler weather. With temps near 100 and extremely humid it has been awful. I think Sophie about had heat exhaustion at the playgroup today. I stripped her down to her diaper it was so hot... Plus, we are getting nasty bugs this time of year.. no fun. Last year our temps didn't cool off til end of October. We sure are in for a long summer.

Pat said...

Jackson is playing so well this year, I can see real improvement in his skills and sharing. I wish you could have seen his game for the first time in warm weather, but at least you were there for the game even if it was freezing, literally! It looks like Kaden and Miss B survived just fine and hopefully his next game you see you will need to cover the kids in sunscreen! :) By the way, you have REAL talent in putting your blog together. How you come up with such nifty titles and finding a song to match shows how much time you put into it. See you Saturday!