Friday, April 3, 2009

Catching Up.....

Well, it's been a crazy week! We've had fun times and not so fun times! Let's see if I can give a quick re cap without boring everyone....

Last week was Spring Break for Jackson. I unfortunately had to work most of it, but I did have my usual Thursday and Friday off. So, Jason took those 2 days off and we were up for an adventure. My friend Kim and her kids had gone to Salt Lake for a little over nighter, so I decided why not go down for the day? So we brought my step sister Erica along for the fun and hit I 15 to Utah. The forcast called for snow, but we got so lucky and the weather was really great, just cold. We went to the Living Aquarium in Sandy Utah for a few hours, and then went to the Mayan Restaurant for dinner. The aquarium was so much fun!! The kids LOVED it! Jackson really liked the touch pond where you could touch a ray. Kaden tried, but his arms just weren't long enough. Such a fun place! We'll definetly head back sometime. Then it was onto the Mayan for an early dinner. I had heard stories of this place but had never been. And oh my heck, the kids just loved it. It's a mexican restaurant that has cliffs and pools and is decorated just like Mayan places. The best part is the show you get with the cliff jumpers that jump into the pool. So fun!!! At one point it sounded like a thunder storm and they made it seem like it was raining. The kids just thought it was amazing!

So Friday I had planned another day of fun just being together, and wouldn't you know it I woke up SICK and I mean sick! I have had a cold for 3 weeks now and on Friday it decided to turn into a whopper of a sinus infection! I had a fever, aches, my teeth hurt, the whole shebang. It was miserable. I finally agreed to see the dr, got on antibiotics, and slowly but surely I'm getting back to normal. I have never in my life been sick for a whole month!!

Monday I got a call from the babysitter and Miss B had a fever, so I took her in and she had an ear infection. So now that she's on antibiotics and doing better, I'm hoping that we can return to our healthy selves!!

Jasons girls were with us this last weekend, and it happened to be his oldest Alli's birthday. She turned the big 10. So we had an afternoon of skating, pizza, and laser tag, then home for cake and presents. Jason had decided to get her a singing disney game for the Wii. What a hit!! The kids have played it non stop since! It is hilarious to listen to them belting out Hannah Montana and High School Musical.

And finally, the big new in Kaden's life.....he drew to be an alternate for the Mutton Buston at the Dodge Rodeo in town next weekend. It'll be Friday Night April 10th. So if you're there, be sure to watch for him. He is so excited, I just hope he gets a chance to ride. His grandpa is quite excited too!!

So that's us this last little while.....


















1 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

AWESOME! The Mayan is so fun! And, I am so sorry you have been sick! I hope you get better really soon!