Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer is over.....

Could it be that the summer is over?!?!? It feels like it hardly started!!! We've got one more trip planned for this coming weekend as our final goodbye to the warm lazy days of summer and hello to the structured life that school brings. We're planning on heading to Bear Lake on Saturday, which I am super excited for!!! I think the kids will love it!!!

Jackson started 3rd grade today!! His teacher seems awesome, so we're both really excited for that. He picked the desk in the front row right smack in the middle. Such a good choice for a little boy that is going to be working on his listening skills this year!!!

Kaden was a little sad that Jackson was gone today, and was in fact crying today when I called him this morning. But his frown turned upside down when he realized that the babysitter has some special plans for while the big kids are gone!!!

So the kids are doing great!!! Jackson is signed up for flag football this fall, so that'll be good for him. Miss Brooklyn is her usual happy, naughty, loving self!!! I'll try to post new pictures soon.

And by the way, these are my new favorite treats!!! I got them at Cosco after being encouraged to do so by my friend Maggie, and can I just say, that they are seriously so yummy!!! And the best part, they're only 150 calories per pouch of yummy strawberry goodness. Although I must confess, I've eaten 2 today. Get some, you'll love them!!!

2 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Have fun in Bear Lake! Take lots of Sun Screen!!!!

Luke and Casey Jackson said...

KRIS, I feel the same about the yogurt bites. I hide them so I can eat them all:) Always good to read your blog.